Monday, August 17, 2009

After it all...

Countless postcards, many new friends, sixteen hours in the car, three hotel rooms, multiple shopping trips, and an unbelievable number of ice cream runs, summer's over. Gone. Poof. I wake up at 6:30 tomorrow and begin my trek through sophmore year. Sure I'm said summer's over, but there's something I realized.
Last year when my dad dropped me off at SCPA for the first time, it was like Woodstock without the music. There was love everywhere you look, every single person you laid eyes on was hugging another, or multiple others for that matter. And I knew no one. I don't think I've ever felt more alone in my life. A year ago from tomorrow was standing helplessly and afraid watching her new, scary school as everyone within it was running around outside hugging like they hadn't seen each other in years. I don't think I've ever felt more alone in my life. And this year I'll be PART of the lovefest! And I when I hug the first person tomorrow, I'll really know I finally belong :)

Happy summer everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog! Check out ours whenever you want! We invite you to follow it.
    Love,
    A&A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a good writer!

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love postcards! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey ya, alexy! how are you? sorry i haven't been commenting you. i've been so busy with school. gosh.

    as for your post, i'm glad that you finally feel belonged at SCPA. it's never fun to feel lonely and be in solitude.

    take care, xoxo!
    http://afrowrinklemachine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete