Saturday, April 24, 2010

6 Months Today


My boyfriend and I have officially put up with each other for half a year now :)
I hate to be the girl to gush over her boyfriend or make a big deal about anniversaries, especially ones that aren't even technically anniversaries. But Wren is my first boyfriend and I'm usually the strict "I don't need a man" feminist that I'm proud to be.
But I also like my boyfriend a whole lot and I'd like the excuse to be a little girly. :)
So yeah, six months ago today I started dating Wren. I was really wary at first because I'd never had a boyfriend before, but he was really funny and really nice so I gave it a shot. Six months later I'm glad I did :) He came over earlier today and we walked around my neighborhood and watched part of Anastasia. Nothing all that special. But it was okay because I was with him.
Though we did get each other gifts. Mine was lame of course. We have an inside joke involving pandas and since I can't drive I gave my friend some money and sent her to Hot Topic to get a panda sticker, button and some Pop Rocks. I thought it was a decent gift.
But he's adorable.
He eventually got me to admit my gift to him because he's a ho like that, but I only let him give me hints about it. Because I am a GOOD child who doesn't pry people for what they got her.
I hope he reads this ;)
Anyway, he told me I had his gift already, but he wanted to make it special. I had absolutely no idea what he could have possibly gotten me, but today he made me close my eyes and set a orange bag with green tissue paper in my lap. He gave me permission to open it and I plucked the green paper out and dug for my gift.
Inside was a really beautiful hardback journal with a flower on the clasp. Which would have been amazing on it's own, I almost blushed just out of the fact he remembered I liked to write so much. "Oh my God," I said, completely contented with my gift.
"Wait," he said undoing the clasp and flipping the book open to the first pages. He had pictures of us on the inside of the front cover :) He flipped to the back and there were even more. I gave him a huge hug.
Aw yeah. My boy does pretty well for himself :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha - "because he's a ho like that!" ^^ Made me chuckle! :) Aaah that's so funny - it's me and The Boy's 6-month *anniversary* this week too! Your boyo sounds like a keeper - such a lovely present xx

    ReplyDelete